Sunday, June 1, 2014

Our Weekend...

I can't believe another year has come and gone! On Friday night we celebrated the 2014 graduates.  As I watched them walk up and receive their diplomas and scholarships I thought about how their lives are really just beginning and how they are about to embark on such a memorable time of their lives.  I was especially proud of the five young men that will be joining military branches.  

This is a picture of one of those special young men.
So proud of them!

Photos by Melissa


I teared up several times that night...I'm so emotional! Watching them stand up there and salute was one of them....other times were as I watched a young lady hug her mom as she accepted a scholarship and another time was when a young man hugged his father, the superintendent, as he received his diploma.  

I also spent some moments thinking about the moms and the many emotions that they might be feeling as they watched their babies graduate. 

A difficult thing to grasp as young men and women is that the decisions you make during high school and college can affect you for the rest of your lives.  I hope and pray that these young men and women will continue to make positive choices. 

 For me, the secret to making more positive choices was to finally put God as the center of my life.  When I gave up trying to be a part of this world and recognized that God should come first in all things....my marriage, my parenting, my job, my friends, etc.... That is when things began to change in my life.  The more I leaned on God, the more my life began to make sense.
If only I would've unlocked that secret as an 18 year old....


On Saturday we traveled to Wichita Falls to watch our boys play in the 7on7 tournament.  They did not qualify for State that day, but they will have another opportunity this Friday.  They played hard against some 3A and 2A teams....I saw some really great stuff out on that field.  


Photo by Brandi Leija
One entertaining thing about 7on7 is watching the coaches, my husband included, having to sit on the sidelines and not be able to really coach their kids.  It can drive them crazy at times because they love the game so much.  
Only 9 more weeks, guys!

Summer is officially here and our kids have begun their summer vacation with their dad.  I miss the kids so much when they are gone that I have to keep their bedroom doors closed....but I am thankful that they aren't that far away and that they won't be gone for an entire month! Just a week at a time..but it still feels like forever! 
While they are home I plan on taking advantage of our time as much as I can.  That's why I'm so grateful for the Link Party we did a few weeks ago with the Kids Summer Activities....I can't wait to do some of those activities that other moms shared!

Join us on June 9th for another Link Party.  This one will feature Summer Recipes...I have a yummy one to share.


Here is the Link Party schedule for the rest of 2014!


Also.....BIG changes are happening on the blog soon! 
I thought it was time for a little bit of change....

Have a great evening with your loved ones :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment