Monday, June 9, 2014

The One with the Summer Recipes - Link Party

Hello, friends! 

Welcome back to our 2nd Link Party!

Join us for some yummy, Summer recipes! 
Be sure and link up your own favorite summer recipe...

I am going to share two recipes with you that have my favorite fruit in them - Strawberries! 
Aren't they just delicious?

The first recipe I found over at The Cookie Rookie and it looks soooo good.  
The perfect dessert for a summer get together!!





Strawberry Shortcake Trifle Cups
by The Cookie Rookie

Ingredients
  • 2 loaves Sara Lee Pound Cake, cubed
  • 8 oz container of Cool Whip
  • 6 oz low fat cream cheese
  • 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
  • 4 oz white chocolate, melted
  • 4 oz white chocolate, cut into small pieces
  • 1 t vanilla extract, or 1 ½ t vanilla bean paste
  • 2 pints fresh strawberries, washed and sliced into small pieces
  • 4 oz sugar free strawberry glaze
  • 2 oz heavy cream
  • ⅓ cup sugar


Instructions
  1. For the filling:
  2. Beat cream cheese until light and smooth.
  3. Add powdered sugar, melted chocolate, and vanilla.
  4. Fold in Cool Whip and set aside.
  5. For the Strawberry glaze mixture:
  6. Macerate the strawberries by adding sugar, stirring, and letting sit for at least 3-4 minutes.
  7. Add strawberry glaze and mix together fully.
  8. Set aside.
  9. For the ganache:
  10. Heat heavy cream in small saucepan until hot and bubbly.
  11. Remove from heat and pour over chopped white chocolate, stirring until chocolate is completely melted.
  12. Allow to cool, stirring occasionally. Make sure it is cooled to room temperature before proceeding. If the mixture is too hot it will soak into the cake layer.
  13. To assemble the trifles:
  14. Place a large spoonful of filling into the bottom of a cup
  15. Using a slotted spoon, top with a large spoonful of the strawberry glaze mixture
  16. Dip 6-8 cubes of shortcake into the ganache and place on top of the strawberries. The ganache will help the cake to not get too soggy from the glaze mixture
  17. Top with another large spoonful of the filling
  18. Finish the trifle with another heaping spoonful of the strawberry glaze mixture.
  19. Repeat with remaining cups.
  20. Makes about 6 individual cups
  21. Enjoy!

GRAB A BUTTON
Mrs. Coach Sims


My second recipe is one that my family would enjoy at a lot of our own get togethers.  
When my aunt and uncle had a very special birthday dinner for my 18th Birthday...this is the dessert I requested.  16 years ago and still loving it!

This recipe is super easy to make!



Strawberry Pretzel Salad

Ingredients

  • 2 1/2 cups pretzels (crushed fine)
  • 3 tbsp brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1 (6 oz.) package strawberry jello
  • 1 (10 oz.) package frozen strawberries or 16 oz. sliced fresh strawberries
  • 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 8 ounces cool whip



Instructions


  1. 1.  Combine pretzels, brown sugar, and melted butter and press into a greased 9 X 13 pan. You can use more butter if the crust isn't sticking together and make the pretzels more crushed than I did. Bake @ 350 for 10 minutes.
  2. 2.  Make jello according to directions and add the strawberries. Refrigerate until partially set. *If it is not set enough it will leak through your cream cheese layer and make your pretzels soggy.
  3. 3.  Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Blend in cool whip. Spread over cooled crust make sure you spread completely to the edges to create a seal so your jello doesn't leak through. Pour jello over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate.









Meet your other Hosts:

photobecky2
Becky at BYBMG
I write about what I wear, mommyhood, crafting, and thrifting among other things. I love sweets, all things pumpkin, sewing, thrifting (mostly for clothes), avoiding housework, and making life fun for my boys. 
 blogimagebritt
Britt at The Fisk Files
Our days consist of working from dawn until almost dusk, maintaining the land while praying for a rain and watching our livelihood expand and contract in the form of momma cows bringing babies into the world, building a herd, branding and weaning the calves and starting the cycle again the next year. We have been blessed with the opportunity to work hard in good weather and bad in order to care for God’s land while providing a life a bit more simple than most for our children. Here’s to a life less ordinary and a faith dependent upon abundant mercy.
photodenise1
My blog will be ever-changing, just like me and my life. I will focus on things that inspire me and things of which I am grateful. In this fast paced, always on-the-go, running-late world of mine- this blog is my (and hopefully your) breath of fresh air.
Blog Headshotelis
Elizabeth at All Kinds of Things
From recipes and DIY projects to organizational tips and thoughts on faith and parenting, my blog includes “all kinds of things” that will encourage readers in their day-to-day journey!
 keribl
My hope is to inspire others to live presently in the season they are in. Join me as I share ways to have fun with your kids at home, pinterest projects, organizing, and much more.
katieq
Katie at The Lane Above
I love to share pieces of my heart through my perspective on life, faith, marriage, & motherhood, with little bits of beauty & inspiration scattered throughout. My hope through it all is that you are encouraged to: “Above all love deeply, for it is love that covers a multitude of sins.”
beckyphoto
Sarah at Abiding in Grace
I am a wife, mother, sister, daughter, and friend. I write about what God is teaching me in the everyday trials and joys of life. I love books, music, poetry, and art. I also enjoy coffee, spring rain, my Kindle, writing, tulips, the first snow, a baby’s laugh, pretty dresses, dimples, and a host of other things.


8 comments:

  1. Yummo, girl!!

    Elizabeth
    www.allkindsofthingsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to try the Strawberry pie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the 2nd strawberry dessert....I had forgotten about that recipe. Now, I'm going to have to go make some...yum!

    ReplyDelete