Thursday, April 17, 2014

Happy Thursday...

Man.  What a week...and it's only Thursday not Friday...just yet. 

Fitness news...

This week I got a call and was asked about my shirt size.  So let's just get real for a minute.  I am not the size I want to be and I have been lying...for awhile.   This week the Husband ordered me a large, but they wanted to double check.  After I heard my husband tell me what he told them I can see why they wanted to double check.  :) He said he didn't think I was a large, but that I had been wanting to wear bigger shirts and tie them up or something. (I've been wearing his XLs at home)  Darn.  I didn't know he was paying that much attention....  I went ahead and told them to order me a medium though because.....  I WAS a medium, but now I prefer to wear my husband's shirts...but I want to be able to fit into my mediums again....and I WILL.  I would rather have a drawer full of mediums that I WILL wear than some larges that I won't be able to wear eventually.  Makes sense, right?
 I don't care what size of shirt you wear...women are beautiful in all sizes.  I just know that I want to be the size I was... not the size I am now.  And I know there are some women that would rather be the size they are now instead of the size they were and yay for y'all! ...
I do not like the size I am now...so alas, I ordered a medium and I'm determined to fit back into it comfortably again.  I guess I will run until the Regional Track Meet so it at least fits a little less snug.

Below is THE SHIRT....can't wait to wear it.....too small or not.


Can't wait to cheer these kids on!! Go Quanah Go!!

While we are on the subject of fitness.  I have had some trouble.  A couple of weeks ago I went at 5:30 a.m. and someone honked at me.  Honked at me...at 5:30 in the morning.  Who does that? It scared me...so I hustled home.  Then the next day I went around 6:00 p.m. in the evening and I was almost done when I went past this house....with this man standing in the front yard and he was staring at me.  Not just glancing, but staring.  Like....creepily staring while he chewed on his toothpick or something.  Now, I have trust issues while I'm sitting in my own home much less while I am out running (I use that verb very loosely) with my music blasting and it's dark outside.
I prefer to workout by myself...but I did discover that I can do my own workout while I am near others that are working out also....that is....if I get up early. And I only have success getting up early if I go to bed early!!!! I'm working on it, folks.
This week I went by myself and I did not have to sprint home in a panic....I finished my workout.  I did the Week One workout of the Color Run Workout that I posted at the bottom of this post.  I felt great afterwards.  So move more ...check! The only bad part of my workout is that for my music I just played my Top 25 Played Songs on my iTunes.....only to find out that these days they are mostly High School Musical Songs....hmmmm I wonder who has had my phone?!?

Don't you feel like you can conquer the world after a workout? Why don't I do this more often???

Mom news...

Before leaving for the baseball game on Tuesday the kids found me upstairs and told me that my coffee had spilled on my desk.  Like it just did it on it's own.  I mean there's no way one of them would've knocked it over, right? My desk is just covered with piles of things...some important, some not.  I thought oh please don't be on something important.  .... sad face -----> only my Erin Condren Planner (gasp).  Oh well...it was ultimately ok.  As I cleaned it up I thought about how sometimes children are these "tiny little destroyers" that zoom around our homes and cars.  It really is amazing the things that can be turned upside down in a matter of minutes.....as I'm thinking on that while getting myself another cup of coffee, I somehow (hmmm) managed to knock my new cup of coffee off of our kitchen counter and onto the floor.  Coffee everywhere!!! I guess I know where they get their Destroyer Status!

Also, check out my cute T-Ball player....I mean aww.  Love him.




Go Cardinals!!!!


Remember the bunny wreath I ordered?
It came in before Easter! Yay!!



Tomorrow is Good Friday and I hope you each have a very blessed day with your loved ones!

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans. 
Proverbs 16:3






0 comments:

Post a Comment