Monday, August 11, 2014

The One with Back to School Activities - Link Party


Welcome to our 3rd Link Party!!!

Today is Back to School Activities...

For many years on my To Do List has been - Organize Kids 
School Stuff

and this weekend I tackled that!

I am totally hijacking a blog post done by A Bowl Full of Lemons.
Keepsake Boxes.

That is one of my Go To Blogs for staying organized.  

She is a genius.  ...and they say copying is the highest form of flattery, right?

I'm right in the middle of this project as I'm posting this so I'm not completely done, but I can tell it's going to be much better....


Before I had all of the kids' stuff separated into these big envelopes and in these tubs.  
Then I bought the supplies I needed from Office Depot and I started making separate files for each year to put into these new boxes.

I need to finish making my file tabs and I also still need to go through some of the school work stuff and make one last toss.

I have all of their pictures in one file, their artwork in another and also all of the cards they have received in another file.

Here are two images from A Bowl Full of Lemons:::
truly inspirational.



Oh and if anyone has a cricut and would like to make my children's names for the front of the boxes....I will happily send you some $$.

Mine will look a little better once I add more files and finish up.

I am so glad to have this marked off my To Do List before this school year begins.  Now I know that each year until they are seniors....I will have a specific, special place just 
for their school stuff.

Don't forget to check out the other blog posts!!! I saw some of their topics beforehand and I know there are some really good ones!!!

Here are the featured posts from our other hosts!






An InLinkz Link-up

_________________________________________________________________________________

Shop my Jamberry Party now through 8/16
Buy 3 Sheets Get One Free!!!

6 comments:

  1. I love these and tackled it last spring. I have both boys in one box for now but I'm sure once school starts it will expand to 2! Great project!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling good about life today...thanks to these :) Love your post today!!! Great information.....thanks again for organizing these Link Parties...you are one busy Mama....!

      Delete
  2. I have started these for my guys, but still have some organizing to do!! Keeping this post for a reference....Tackling mine is on my to-do list for fall! Thank you for sharing this!

    Elizabeth
    www.allkindsofthingsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you could relate to this post! Have a great day.....

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for this! This is awesome! I've kept so much stuff, but it isn't organized! Thanks for the tips!! :) Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome!!!! I was drowning in papers....glad to finally have it organized!! Good luck :)

      Delete