Monday, August 11, 2014

Monday's Top 5 {#18}

1) Life Inspiration

via Pinterest

Pick a Fruit of the Spirit and work on it all week....
Galatians 5:22


2) Food Inspiration

My husband loves Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana Soup so I set out to find a copycat recipe to make for him at home.

I have found two and I made one of them this past week.  I made a few changes from the original, but it turned out delicious and I will be making it again.  I also want to try the #2 recipe soon and compare them.

Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana Soup #1


Ingredients:

5 1/2 c water
5 chicken bouillon cubes
1 pint heavy cream
5 medium potatoes
1 medium onion
1 bunch chopped kale 
1 lb mild Italian sausage
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

Directions:

1.  Cook sausage; add a little water, cover and cook over medium-
low heat. Brown on each side, adding a little water to pan as
needed. Cook to 180 degrees, or no longer pink inside. 

2.  Peel and dice potatoes. Rinse and chop kale into bite-sized 
pieces; removing and discarding ends. Finely dice onions.

3.  Once sausage is cooked, remove from pan and add onions. Cook 
for several minutes and then add water and broth powder. 

4.  Add whipping cream and potatoes. Cut sausage in half 
lengthwise, then chop into bite-sized pieces. Add to pot. Add kale. 

5.  Cook for a few minutes. Add red pepper flakes. Simmer until 
potatoes and kale are tender.



3) Blog Inspiration

You know I adore The Nester and this is from a 
recent post of hers:::

How true is this statement?


If you check out her blog post...be sure and click on the link for 
33 Pictures Taken At The Right Moment...


4) World History Inspiration

click above to see the other 14

#2 Stonehenge, Wiltshire, England




5) Life Inspiration

This is exactly how I'm feeling these days. 

I want to block out the distractions.  Ignore the negative.  

Fall away from things of this world.  Silence the chatter. 

I only want to hear God.

via Instagram

I hope you have a blessed Monday.
Make the most of it.


xoxoxo...


____________________________________________________

Shop my Jamberry Party now through 8/16
Buy 3 Sheets Get One Free!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment