Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Things I learned in July...

Today I am linking up with Emily Freeman at Chatting at the Sky.  She does a post at the end of the month and shares random things she has learned that month.  You can read her posts here.  


Here are just a few things I learned about myself this month.  Just some quirky, silly, random things :) 



1.  Self-help checkout at Walmart or any store is just awesome and now I get to enjoy that at our local store.  It's the little things.



2.  I discovered this month that every time I buy hot dogs I think about that scene from Father of the Bride.  Am I the only one that does this? In case you've forgotten or never seen it....here ya go.




3.  This month I learned that if I'm really honest with myself... I love football MORE than shopping.  I know some ladies may think I'm crazy, but it's true.  I like shopping.  I like to wander through the store by myself and inspect all of the shelves and racks.  I enjoy searching for a good bargain.  I do my favorite bargain hunting at TJ Maxx.  Even though I like shopping, I LOVE football.  I love hearing my husband talk about it.  I love watching shows about it and watching football games on every level.  I love being under the Friday Night Lights watching the Quanah Indians play.  I love the anticipation and the excitement.  I love being a coach's wife.  


With that being said I also want to share with you why today is a holiday at our house.  About a month ago I was thinking about how our years never really run from January to December.  They really start in August.  For me being such a fanatic that things are in chronological order it took a while for me to just go with it.  Last month I decided I was really just going to embrace it, from everything from our pictures, photo books, kids stuff, planners.  I decided to forgo the January-December planner.  I bought me a new life planner from Erin Condren that runs from August to July.  I love it.  


So today is our new New Year's Day and last night was our New Year's Eve.  I like it.  This is us.  We live for the sports seasons.  Our next chapter is about to begin.  Two-a-days starts on Monday, then we will have our first scrimmage on the 17th and then our first ball game on the 30th. I can't wait.  

To those of you that also live in this world of August to July ----- Happy New Year's to you!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tara, I'm visiting from Emily's place. Enjoyed your list. I'd forgotten that scene in Father of the Bride - -fun to see again. I think you are quite brave as self-checkout intimidates me! It always seems something quirky happens when I try to use it. And, Happy New Year to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popping in from Emily's, and oh my: you remind me of my sweet sister-in-law (my BIL's wife). She loves football, too, and she's turned her passion into a successful business making tutus (many of them sports-themed). You should check out her fb if Little Miss Sunshine needs an Indians tutu. We are Indians here, in Powhatan, VA, and my brother's family are Indians in Oneida, TN. https://www.facebook.com/touchdowntutus2011

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I love that scene from Father of the Bride. That's one of my favorite movies! I love your new planner. Hayley loves her Erin Condren planner. Maybe you two will convince me that I need one for 2014? :)

    ReplyDelete