Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thankful in November, Thankful Always

As the month of November ends, I am reminded of everything I am so very thankful for.  I love this time of year.  I enjoy reading all of the thankful posts on facebook.  We are all so busy throughout the year and to spend an entire month (or everyday) saying what we are thankful is so necessary to keep us grounded.   

Some of the things I am thankful for::: 

·   God’s grace and mercy – I know I say this often, but I truly am thankful for God’s grace and mercy.  Each day is a new beginning and I know that God is forgiving and loves me unconditionally. Because of Him I can accomplish the things I do during each day…because of Him I can love others how He loves me…because of Him I can forgive others as He forgives me….because of Him I know that I have peace and joy in my life everyday…I just have to accept it. 

·   My Husband, Coach Sims - He is for sure my better half.  He encourages me daily and reminds me how much he loves me.  I thank God each day for bringing him into my life. He exudes joy, patience, kindness, strength and wisdom…just to name a few.  He makes life fun and exciting.  He’s my best friend.

·   My sweet children, Olivia & Jonah – Life would not be the same without them.  They teach me how to slow down and enjoy life daily. They amaze me with their ability to learn new things.  They are growing so fast, but I try to remind myself to enjoy the messes and the chaos because one day they will be on their own and the house will be quiet.

·   My parents, Bobby & Gwen – They have always been there for me.  They would do anything for me and continue to love on me. They have sacrificed and worked so hard for us.  I appreciate them so much.  They are pretty awesome!

·   My brother and his wife, Thadius & Jenny –Best brother a girl could have and the sister I never had.  I wish we lived closer because I really miss them!

·   Our church and church family, North Groesbeck Church of Christ – Wow! They are incredible and have done so much for my family this past year! I could never thank them enough.

·   My J-O-B and my Boss, Shanna – I have the best boss.  Not only is she my boss, but she is one of my best friends.  She is always t here for me and I think she is great at her job! She does so much for our department and so many things go unnoticed. It can be a thankless job, but I appreciate everything she does! My job is wonderful because it allows me to help others while also being able to be there for my own children.

·   My home – I love coming home to a happy, cozy home, but what I love the most about it is who I share it with.   

·   My health – I have been so fortunate and sometimes I forget to thank God for this. I’m so glad I have remained healthy and hope I continue to.

·   Coffee – Man, I love coffee.  Brewing a cup in the mornings makes me happy.  Sitting down with my husband or friends to enjoy a cup is the best. Mmmmm.




Via Pinterest


·   Chapstick – Chapstick Addict.  I always have it near me….usually in my pocket.  I can’t leave home without it. 

·   Cupcakes – Aren’t they cute and yummy? Who doesn’t love cupcakes?

·   My Bible – This Great Book has literally saved my life many times! It holds life’s answers. I would be lost without it.

·   Hudl – I really am thankful for this.  It allows my husband to be home more.  He can work right beside me! I love it! Thank you Hudl!

·   Inspirational Women in my life – My Mom, my Mimi, Stacey Johnson (Thoughts Swirling), Angie Smith (Bring the Rain), Ann Voskamp (A Holy Experience), Joyce Meyer (Joyce Meyer Ministries), Beth Moore(Living Proof Ministries), Susie Davis (Susie Davis Blog), Heather Lindsey (Heather Lindsey Blog) and Emily Freeman (Chatting at the Sky).

·   TJ Maxx – Bargain hunting at its best.  I love a good bargain  and when I go out of town I love to get my TJ Maxx fix. 

 
Via Pinterest 

·   Books & Bookstores – I could spend hours in Barnes & Noble.  I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.  My reading list is a mile long and I may never complete it! I hope to have another reading nook similar to this one soon.  I’m in the middle of probably at least this many books J

Via Pinterest

·   Google – This search engine has answered so many simple and difficult questions.  It’s a time saver.

·   Cheesecake – My all-time favorite dessert! My friend & boss, Shanna makes the best!

·   Pinterest – Oh my goodness! You can capture everything you loved, love and will love on this site. It makes me happy, it helps me procrastinate, it makes me feel like I can be crafty and it makes me feel like I will never complete my To Do List... 

I hope each of you had a great Thanksgiving with your family! May December be just as gracious to us all! 
 
Happy Holidays!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment