Monday, November 12, 2012

Our Weekend...


Our weekend went by too fast as usual.  It was good though.  It was an Epic weekend for sports around our home.  That makes the weekend very memorable.  The kids and I got to see my parents, which is always a lot of fun, but not nearly long enough.  Then we wrapped it up by honoring our veterans, whom so graciously serve/served our country.

It is officially Playoff Season here in Quanah.  Friday night the Fighting Indians beat out the Windthorst Trojans for 2nd Place in our District.  The boys fought hard and played great defense to hold down the Trojans in the 2nd half.  The final score was Windthorst 23 and Quanah 26. 

This Friday night Quanah will travel to Clyde to take on Forsan at 7 p.m.  If you can… drive over and support these Indians!!

District 3 – 1A1 Results
1st – Seymour Panthers 8-2
2nd – Quanah Indians 7-3
3rd – Windthorst Trojans 5-5
4th – Archer City Wildcats 1-9
5th – Olney Cubs 0-10

Quanah’s Regular Season Results
Week 0 – Quanah 45 Wheeler 19
Week 1 – Quanah 36 Miles 6
Week 2 – Quanah 51 Tulia 33
Week 3 – Henrietta 35 Quanah 37

Week 4 – Quanah 12 Childress 31
Week 5 – Wellington 44 Quanah 26
Week 6 – Bye
Week 7 – Quanah 55 Archer City 6
Week 8 – Seymour 44 Quanah 38
Week 9 – Quanah 45 Olney 6
Week 10 – Windthorst 23 Quanah 26

Thanks Mom and Dad for coming to the game on Friday and for letting us hang out with you on Saturday!! These cute little girls are Olivia's friends Autumn and Montana.  She loves those girls! Here they are cheering on the Quanah Indians during Friday's game.

On Saturday, Quanah’s very own, Olivia Jalomo, won State in Cross Country with a time of 11:54.  She is a 2013 senior at Quanah High School.  State Champion!! What an honor! We are so proud of her and for her! She has worked hard for that title and her will, strength, endurance and desire are so evident! What a deserving girl and in the words of Coach Sims, “You will be a champion for the rest of your life!”
 
2012 Season - 12th Grade

3,200 Meters

2

12:19.73

Sep 8


3

*

12:14.13

Sep 15


2

12:40.98

Sep 22


1

12:19.49

Oct 1


1

12:30.81

Oct 15


1

*

12:06.08

Nov 3


1

*

11:54.52

Nov 10

Credit: www.athletic.net

Then there was that one game.  You know, the one where Texas A&M beat Alabama who was – WAS -  ranked #1.  Yeah, they rolled that tide…Whoop! I sure do sound like an Aggie fan, huh? Before I met my husband I thought maroon was the worst color and cheer for the Aggies? Ummm no.  However, I love my husband so much I have adopted his love for this team.  I was just as excited about this win (well, he was ecstatic…I was excited) as he was.  I wasn’t able to watch the game on TV, but I did find myself thankful for ESPN Gamecast…..so that has to tell you I am a true fan now.  I surprise myself, but I love football and that was an EPIC game! I even know University of Texas fans that were happy for those Aggies.  Texas love.  Way to go Aggies…ranked #8!!

Sunday mornings, my favorite, are usually spent at our little country church and this Sunday was no different.  We started attending North Groesbeck Church of Christ a year ago this month.  Since Day 1 they have welcomed us with open arms and we have felt right at home.  Occasionally, Coach Sims is the speaker and yesterday was his turn.  I always enjoy his lessons.  He is knowledgeable and captivating.  I learn something from him all of the time. 

If you are looking for a church home … we would love for you to come visit us! The church is 6 miles north of Hwy. 287 on FM 1166.

Our services are:
Sundays
10 a.m. Sunday School
11 a.m. Worship Service
12 p.m. meal
 
Wednesdays
6:30 meal
7:00 Bible Class
 

Last, but certainly not least, we attended the Veterans Ceremony in Quanah at the First Baptist Church.  It was a great program! The 1st, 2nd and 3rd graders performed…they were too cute! They did a fabulous job singing, reciting poems and sang the National Anthem with sign language! Pure talent! The community combined choir also sung the anthem for every branch of the U.S. Armed Forces.  It was beautiful and I got a little teary eyed as Coach Sims stood up during the Army’s song.  He was also the keynote speaker and was amazing! Love to hear him speak! He did a great job and I am so thankful for him serving our country! 


I spied this Thankful List this weekend.  Someone is not thankful for Obama, but they are thankful for Vegetable Laxatives....I had to giggle.  Politics Schmolitics! I'll let you folks worry about that stuff.  I've got cookies to bake and games to attend :) ...

I hope each of you had a great weekend and I hope you have an even better week!








 

0 comments:

Post a Comment